Table of Contents:
Ahmed H. Esa, IPRT
Speech by H. E. Ahmed Yusuf Dualeh, Minister of National Education.
- A Tribute to Norine Michael
Mariano, prepared by CCS.
- Linking Grass Roots Mobilizing
and Peace Building,
Director, Center for Community-Based
Program for International Development, Community Planning, and
Environment, Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts 01610 USA
- International Aid Agencies,
Their Roles and Mandates,
Derek Massey, VetAID, Hargeisa.
- Somaliland: A Model of
Community-Owned Peace and Governace Building in the Horn; Jama Mohamed
Life and Peace Institute, Hargeisa.
- Somaliland on the Internet:
Contribution of the Somaliland FORUM to the Reconstruction of Somaliland,
Abdulrahman H.A. Ismail, Kuwait.
- The Mandate and Role of UNHCR
Moshood Olatokunbo, Head UNHCR Office in Hargeisa.
- Livestock and the Industry's
Contribution to Peace, Derek Massey, VetAid.
- Introduction of Africa
Educational Trust Work in Somaliland,
Hassan Ahmed, AET Manager.
- Building a National
Mine Action Capacity,
James D. Megill, P. Eng. Executive Director, CAMEO,
- The Development of a
Somali Dictionary, Salah Hashi Arab, Hargeisa.
- The Role of the Somali Language in Education, Mohamed Haji Rabi,
- The Danger of Liberal Economic Policies, Faisal Ali Warabe, Finland
- Revitalizing the Private Sector, Mohamed Haji Mohamoud, Hargeisa
- A comprehensive and Innovative Approach to National Development, Abdirahman
Yussuf Abokor, Fayetteville State University, NC.
- Re-establishment of Formal Teacher Training in Somaliland, Problems and
Prospects of the New Somaliland Institute of Education, Ahmed Abdi Da'ar.
- AIDS in Somaliland: The Results of the
ICD/UNICEF/WHO Survey, Adan Y. Abokor, ICD Director
- Female Circumcision in Somaliland, Deeg Ismail, Ministry of Health.
- Women and Public Decision Making in Somaliland, Amina Mohamed Warsame,
- Crisis of the Legal System, Between the Traditional and the Colonial, Ahmed
Ali Kahin, House of Representatives Legal Advisor.
- Somaliland National Planning: Opportunities and Challenges, Mohamoud
Jama, UNDP/Ministry of Planning Consultant.
- Decentralized Governance in Somaliland:
Observations from the WSP Perspective, Matt
- Building the First Charity Maternity
Hospital in Somaliland, Edna Adan Ismail.
- Facilitating Peace and Reconstruction: Paradoxes, Puzzles and
Possibilities, Hussein Adam, College of the Holy Cross.